Sunday, September 15, 2013

self speak



things don't always happen when you expect them to, nor do they necessarily follow the right order. some major life events happen to people in the first third if their journey, some in the second. and mine, now, in this very present moment.  i know there will be more hardship in the future, and God will never stop making me fall and learn. 

I need to keep growing. it would be nice not to have to wait for the things we want. it's especially challenging when it seems like everyone around me was given access to the fast lane while I'm stuck in traffic.


I'm not short on love for other people, but I haven't always been so kind to myself. 

change is good, yet quite often we won't make it unless we're compelled to do so. and it'll not work if is only one sided.

learn to know yourself, love yourself. swim in it, love it and embrace the new opportunities. 

its difficult, it hurts sometimes, and you'll feel like your strength has been sapped. but it hasn't. you are more than you know, and by realizing this, you'll start to see the tests as signs that illuminate your pathway. 

life is messy, glorious, heartbreaking, its a journey that goes from light to dark and back again. but, in this darkness you find your strength. I'm still fumbling, but i believe better days are ahead because i trust in You. 


No comments:

Post a Comment